December Monthly Challenge
1. 'D' is for December: - Read a book that starts 'D' or whose author's first or last name starts with 'D'..
2. Happy Anniversary: Read a book that was published in December of any year or read a book of an RRRC member who joined in December of any year.
3. Featured Author Challenge - Elizabeth Hoyt: Read a book by this month's Featured Author, Elizabeth Hoyt , or by any author with her first or last name.
Fun Facts about Elizabeth:
* Elizabeth Hoyt is a New York Times bestselling author of historical romance
* She also writes deliciously fun contemporary romance under the name Julia Harper
* Elizabeth lives in Minneapolis, Minnesota
* Elizabeth's first novel, The Raven Prince, was the Winner RT Book Reviews‘ 2006 Reviewer’s Choice Award for Sensual Historical Romance
* She writes the fairy tales in her books herself. They often are based on older fairy tales, myths or legends, though, so parts of them may sound familiar.
So you may read any book set in Minnesota, or a historical or contemporary romance, or a book that has won an award (of any kind), or a book that is a fairy tale retelling.
4. Small Business Saturday- December 2: Read a book that you received from somewhere other than a major retail outlet (i.e. Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Target) or a book that is short (under 150 pages) or doesn't have a lot of ratings (under 4,000).
5. Wear Brown Shoes Day- December 4: Read a book that has shoes on the cover or has the color brown on the cover or a book with a character in the fashion industry or a book with an author with a 'B' as the first letter of their first or last name.
6. National Violin Day- December 13: Read a book with a character in the music industry, or a book with a musical event, or a book whose title sounds beautiful or cover that looks beautiful to you.
7. National Flashlight Day- December 21: Read a book with a light source on the cover or a book with a character that is bright (smart, or 'shiny and happy', however you want to interpret 'bright') or a character who gets naked a lot (flashes their goods!)
8. Christmas Eve- December 24: Read a holiday romance or a book set in winter.
9, New Year's Eve- December 31: Read a book by a new to you author, or a book you would want to curl up on a couch with.
10. Reader's Choice: Read any book of your choosing!
4. The Billionaire in Disguise - Soraya Lane (HR #4443 - Oct 2014) (used book store) - Dec 1
5. Rough Rider - B.J. Daniels (HI #1737 - Oct 2017) (brown horse/saddle/chaps) - Dec 20
6. The Texan Takes a Wife - Charlene Sands (HD #2551 - Nov 2017) (music teacher) - Dec 5
7. Vegas Wedding, Weaver Bride - Allison Leigh (HSE #2563 - Aug 2017) (lamp) - Dec 8
9. Stranded with the Navy SEAL - Susan Cliff (HRS #1968 - Nov 2017) (new author) - Dec 12