Cover Scavenger Hunt Quarterly Challenge
March 15, 2017 through June 14, 2017
We've all been on a scavenger hunt - this time we are doing it with the covers of the books we read! For every book you read from March 15th through June 14th try to find an item on the cover for a category below. List the book in the category and provide the cover along with the date you finished reading the book. The rules are simple:
● One item per book.
● Each category is five items maximum. To complete a category, find 5 different items.
● Items in each category must be distinct - one only cover with a dog, but remember wolves and dogs aren't the same thing!
● For items to be distinct, they have to be different both ways. A woman's bracelet and a man's bracelet are the same and both can't be used - no matter how you look at it, it is a bracelet. But a river and a waterfall are different because while a waterfall is usually part of a river, a river isn't a waterfall.
● Audiobooks and rereads are acceptable.
● You may use the cover from any edition, for example, you can use the ebook cover even if you listen to the audiobook.
● The minimum page count for this challenge is 75 pages.
● To post your completion, please show the cover and the date you finished reading the book.
● If you want to use an unconventional item for a category, you will need to explain how it fits from the story - for example, if the heroine stabs someone with a pen, the pen is a weapon and can count for that category if found on the cover.
Pick a level and begin reading on March 15th!
Level 1 - Find any 10 items on your book covers.
Level 2 - Find 15 items on your book covers, with one category complete.
Level 3 - Find 25 items on your book covers, with two categories complete.
Level 4 - Find 35 items on your book covers, with four categories complete.
Level 5 - Find 45 items total on your book covers so all categories complete.
Read a books with items from five different categories on the cover.
The bonus may be as many books as you find!
Super Ultimate Bonus:
Read a book with an item from ALL the categories on the cover!
I don't know if this is possible, but I can't wait to see if someone finds one!
Examples: ring, necklace, earring, bracelet, cufflink
1. Callie's Christmas Wish - Merline Lovelace (HSE #2512 - Nov 2016) (bracelet) - Apr 4
2. The Ten-Day Baby Takeover - Karen Booth (HD #2509 - Apr 2017)(watch) - Apr 16
3. Fugitive Bride - Paula Graves (HI #1699 - Mar 2017) (necklace) - Apr 27
4. I Thee Wed - Celeste Bradley (Signet - May 2016) (earrings) - May 10
5. The Lawman's Convenient Bride - Christine Rimmer (HSE #2545 - May 2017)(ring) - May 26
Articles of Clothing:
Examples: shirt, dress, pants, tie, gloves, shoes
1.Kiss Me Hello - Grace Burrowes (Sourcebooks Casablanca - Mar 2015) (shirt) - Mar 22
2.Love Me Before Dawn - Lindsay McKenna (SIM #44 - Apr 1984) (flight suit) - Mar 23
3.All I Want - Jill Shalvis (Berkley - Oct 2015) (jeans) - Apr 3
4.Christmas in Mustang Creek - Linda Lael Miller (HQN - Oct 2015) (cowboy hat) - Apr 5
5.A Family in Wyoming - Lynnette Kent (HWR #1620 - Nov 2016)(coat) - Apr 13
Modes of transport:
Examples: car, boat, plane, bike
1.The Last Bride - Beverly Lewis (Bethany House - Apr 2014) (buggy) - Mar 15
2.The Friends We Keep - Susan Mallery (Mira - Feb 2016) (bicycle) - Mar 31
3.Quick-Draw Cowboy - Joanna Wayne (HI #1708 - May 2017) (horse) - May 17
4.First Time With a Highlander - Gwyn Cready (Sourcebooks Casablanca - Oct 2015)(sailing ship) - May 20
5.One Texas Cowboy Too Many - Carolyn Brown (Sourcebooks Casablanca - Mar 2016)(pickup truck) - May 25
Examples: dog, cat, horse, bird
1.Always a Cowboy - Linda Lael Miller (HQN - Sept 2016)(horses) - Mar 30
2.Still the One - Jill Shalvis (Berkley - Apr 2015) (dog) - Apr 2
3.In the Rancher's Arms - Trish Milburn (HWR #1638 - Apr 2017) (cattle) - Apr 14
Examples: house, mansion, castle, highrise, barn
1.My Kind of Wonderful - Jill Shalvis (Grand Central - Dec 2015) (cabin) - Mar 16
2.Wicked Intentions - Elizabeth Hoyt (Grand Central - Aug 2010) (row houses) - Mar 28
4.Forged in Desire - Brenda Jackson (HQN - Feb 2017) (highrise) - Apr 28
5.A Fortune in Waiting - Michelle Major (HSE #2521 - Jan 2017) (restaurant) - Apr 29
Examples: gun, knife, sword
1.Tracker's Sin - Sarah McCarty (Spice - Oct 2010) (knife) - Apr 11
2.The Prince and I - Karen Hawkins (Pocket - Aug 2015) (bow and arrow) - Apr 17
3.Agent Bride - Beverly Long (HI #1608 - Dec 2015) (gun) - Apr 19
4.Locked, Loaded and SEALed - Carol Ericson (HI #1703 - Apr 2017) (sniper rifle) - May 15
Examples: lamp, bed, table, rug
1.The Last Chance Christmas Ball - Mary Jo Putney, Jo Beverley, et al (Kensington - Oct 2015) (candlestick) - Mar 27
2.Can't Fight This Feeling - Christie Ridgway (HQN - July 2015)(hose) - Apr 10
3.A Date at the Altar - Cathy Maxwell (Avon - Oct 2016) (bed) - Apr 12
4.Because of Miss Bridgerton - Julia Quinn (Avon - Apr 2016) (mirror) - Apr 20
5.Loving Lord Ash - Sally MacKenzie (Zebra - Mar 2014) (rug) - Apr 28
Bodies of Water:
Examples: ocean, lake, river, puddle
1.Nobody But You - Jill Shalvis (Grand Central - Apr 2016) (lake) - Mar 17
2.Law and Disorder - Heather Graham (HI #1689 - Feb 2017) (ocean) - Mar 20
3.Hold Fast 'Til Morning - Beth Brookes/Lindsay McKenna (Jove - Mar 1982) (bay) - Mar 24
4.The Daredevil Snared - Stephanie Laurens (Mira - July 2016) (river) - June 3
5.A Shocking Delight - Jo Beverley (Signet - Apr 2014) (English Channel) - June 9
Items Found in Nature:
Examples: tree, flower, grass
1. Hot Cowboy Nights - Carolyn Brown (Forever - June 2016) (flowers) - Mar 19
2. The Rebel of Copper Creek - R.C. Ryan (Forever - Feb 2015) (mountains) - Mar 21
3. Untamed Desire - Beth Brookes/Lindsay McKenna (Jove - June 1982) (snow) - Mar 24
4. His Mail-Order Bride - Tatiana March (HH #1319 - Mar 2017) (trees) - Mar 29
5. Dr. Do-or-Die - Lara Lacomb (HRS #1930 - Jan 2017) (ice floes) - Apr 6